Shield Method is one fully mechanized underground construction Method. The shield machine will be pushed forward, the surrounding rock will be supported by shield shell and segment. At the same time, excavation of soil will be conducted at the front of the excavation face by cutting device; the soil will be carried out by unearthed machiner. After that, the shield machine will be pushed forward again by jack and assembling precast concrete segment, this is the general formation process of tunnel structure.
Tunnel Boring Machine (short as TBM) and Mud system is indispensable for tunnel shield project. TBM as main equipment, mud system as auxiliary equipment to make the TBM working in a high effeciency way. Recently, one Thailand customer bought one set 500gpm mud system to match with TBM machine for Tunnel shield project. Follow to read more about this case.
The 500gpm Mud System Technical Parameters
- One unit of double deck 6 panel shale shaker, GNZS706 with upside 3 panel coarse mesh shaker screen (2mm) and downside 3 panel fine mesh shaker screen ( 40mesh). The upside shaker screen area 2cbm; the downside shaker screen area 2.6cbm.
- One unit of mud cleaner or mud conditioner, GNZJ703-8N with 3 panel deck shaker and 8 pcs X 4inch desilter cones. The separation points 25-40 microns.
- One unit of centrifugal pump (37kw) for feeding desilter cones, the feeding pressure should reach 0.25-0.4Mpa; GN centrifugal pump is interchangeable with NOV mission pump. GN can also offer complete range of spare parts for NOV mission pump.
- Two unit of mud agitator (11kw) to suspend and mix the drilling fluids.
- Two unit of mud gun (2inch, fixed installation type) to working together with mud agitator.
- One unit of mud tank with 4 compartments.
- One unit of separate mud mixing unit, GN jet mud mixer with one mud hopper and one centrifugal pump (37kw). This unit can help supplement drilling mud to the system or add necessary chemicals or water.